#GlugStockholm *Call for Artists*

sweden-stockholm-view.jpg_2092326501The Event, 19.03.15

Interested in being part of a collaboration to launch Glug Stockholm on March 19th?

The series is kicking off with an event dedicated to creativity, the Swedish way. We will be hosting the event at OBaren, an intimate bar venue in central Stockholm. And we are happy to announce that our speakers include North KingdomCamp David and Kurppa Hosk. 

This is the first Glug in Scandinavia, so we would like to start it with a WOOP and a WHAM. Therefore we’re inviting international artists to take part in the event itself, followed by a travelling exhibition in Stockholm (date and locations TBC).

Find out more about what Glug is here.

––––––––––––––––––––

The Brief, Deadline 02.03.15

Inspired by the theme of ‘creativity in Sweden we’re asking you to design our official Glug Stockholm poster – think: fun and inventive illustrated posters bursting with personality. Your design can be purely image-based, typographical or a combination of the two – inspirational quotes, short narratives, humorous characters, geometric patterns, playful or silly  – anything goes! We’re excited to see how you interpret the theme.

For the launch event, we will shortlist our favourite 30x posters, and one winner! The first 50 guests will be receiving one of the winning posters with their ticket. HUZZAH!

Our print partner is PÅ Media, and the prints will be available to purchase on the evening of Glug for 150 SEK each with 70% of the profits retained by the artist. See terms below for more details.

Design your poster
You may enter as many times as you wish – entry is FREE!

Typeface
To fit in with the Glug style, please use Raleway

Colours
Feel free to use any combination of the Glug colour palette.

Skärmavbild 2015-02-09 kl. 16.24.49Dimensions
A3 Print (297 x 420 mm – 3mm bleed)

Format
Low res RGB for email submission. Hi Res CMYK file must be available on request

Glug logo
Please do not add any brand logo’s, dates or other information pertaining to the event onto your poster design. We will work with our 1st prize winner to add these details in later.

Instructions

1. Email a low res jpg of your entry (700px wide) to hello@soapboxandsons.com with the subject “GLUG POSTER EXHIBITION” no later than midday on Monday March 2nd, 2015.
2. Please name your artwork file with your full name and poster title.
3. Original, hi resolution files must be available on request. Due to the number of potential submissions, only short listed artists will be contacted.
4. Share your work on Instagram & twitter with @soapboxandsons and use the hashtag #GlugStockholm

Terms of entry

By submitting artwork, each entrant gives Soapbox & Sons, Francis Floor, Rider and Brand New Communication a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, and display the artwork online, offline, or in print, including but not limited to, soapboxandsons.com, francisfloor.com, rider.se and brandnewcommunication.se, Glugevents.com and on all printed marketing material related to Glug Stockholm. By submitting artwork entrants consent to the production and sale of their artwork as a limited edition of up to 10 on the evening of March 19th, 2015 at Glug Stockholm. Prints will be sold for 150 SEK each, with artists retaining 70% of the profits from the sale of their prints. The remaining 30% will be split 50/50 between PÅ Media and Glug Stockholm to cover the cost of production.

––––––––––––––––––––

The Glug Stockholm Team

Jenny Theolin of Soapbox & Sons, who after 14 years living and working in London moved to Stockholm with the ambition to break down international borders and bridge creative gaps.

Together with Clara Nordlander Wiberg, owner of newly founded production company, shop and gallery Francis Floor, her brother Johan Theolin, MD and partner at Rider Eventmarketing, and Emma Egnell, founder of Brand New Communication, they aim to launch #GlugStockholm with a bang.

Soapbox & Sons
Soapbox on Twitter
Soapbox on Facebook

Francis Floor
Francis Floor on Instagram
Francis Floor on Facebook

Rider Eventmarketing
Rider on Facebook

Brand New Communication
Brand New on Facebook

Glug
Glug on Twitter
Glug on Facebook
Glug on Instagram

Glug – Notworking™
London, Beijing, Birmingham, Brighton, Edinburgh, Oxford, Leeds, Auckland, Stockholm & NYC.
Sign up to the Glug mailing list here as they’re moving away from Meetup for our events.
See you at the bar.