The Event – 06.09.13
To celebrate the birth of Soapbox & Sons and Behind the Beats, we are bringing together a group of world reknown beatboxers – and are now calling for artists and designers to help us throw a roof-top summer event to remember.
This is the first of many Beatbox & Sun collaborations with the view of creating a series.
This launch event will be dedicated and in aid of The McGuire Programme, a speech recovery programme run by people who have first-hand experience in stuttering.
To create an eclectic collection of original artworks around the theme of ‘communication’ to be exhibited at the event, with proceeds going to The McGuire Program. This will enable people with speech difficulty to join their program free of charge.
It’s nice to be nice!
*There is no limit on submissions, however, due to a limited capacity on the roof, only the top 20 artists will be able to attend. However, all work will be exhibited and available for sale. If they go unsold, we will publish them on the Soapbox Online Shop after the event; unless you wish to have them returned.
2. Pick a partner (not a mandatory, but it would be fun to see collaborations!)
3. Pick a theme relating to communication (be it beatboxing / freedom of speech / stuttering / collaboration… It’s up to you!)
4. Design mandatories: 2 colour only – Cyan & Black (and white, but that’s not a colour…)
5. Design a one-off piece (poster, T-shirt, painting, whatever medium best showcases your piece)
6. Be happy in the knowledge that you’ve done your bit to help someone find their voice
Proposals (and any questions) to be emailed to email@example.com
All artists are responsible for their own production.
Through Soapbox & Sons, we’ll be able to assist and, hopefully, get you some good prices. Email for details.
All artists are responsible for pricing their item. Depending on print costs, guide-price £40/£50.