LOLCAT – Teh Exhibishun, 2013
4-week long group art show exploring the weird and wonderful world of lolcats.
We brought together an array of cool cats and witty kitties – including graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, animators, and writers. Ignoring the crudely makeshift LOLCAT aesthetic, each of these artists came up with their unique take on the theme to create a piece of beautiful, amusing and exquisitely crafted LOLCAT art. The exhibition took place at The Framers Gallery and was held in aid of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
• 45 Exhibitors
• Hosted by The Framers Gallery, W1
• Exhibition runs: Jan 23 – Feb 15
• Live Twitter Art Auction on Aug. 8th, 2012
• Sponsored by Artefact Picture Framers, EventBrite, Vestel Vodka and The Framers Gallery
• Raised over £8K, of which £4K donated to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
• Shared with 4m+ Twitter users
• BBC News video (made the BBC Homepage) had over 156k unique views
• Our website (lolcattehexhibishun.com) had over 10k unique visitors within the first two weeks
• Our Tumblr (lolcatexhibishun.tumblr.com) had over 5k unique visitors within the first two weeks
• UZOO Youtube coverage has had over 11.300K views
• Check out the magnificent PR coverage of the show here – over 70 blog posts and articles, inc. Independent, Fox News, Time Out, The Huffington Post, WIRED (UK/USA) and much much more.